The ITR-3 type applies notably to those people and Hindu Undivided Families who have financial gain from carrying on a profession or from Proprietary business. If associate Individual/HUF has financial gain as a partner of a partnership firm that's winding up business/profession, he cannot file ITR-3. In such case, he's needed to file ITR-2.